Am Donnerstag, den 10.05.2007, 23:55 +0200 schrieb Maik Justus:
> Hi,
>
> what's about using separate server(s) (not connected to the
> "classical" servers) for the dogfight mode? If you log on a
> "classical" server, you would have no dogfight capability.
>
> Maik

I'd agree to seperate the "combat ready" flying from the "peaceful"
flying. There is no reason why both environments should see each other
at all.
Nevertheless it should be a matter of choice which environment one
wishes to use. This way nobody can get offended (If I fly in combat mode
I have to be aware someone else could shoot at me).

Adressing the concerns about combat flying, I agree to Curt, that
FlightGear is an Open Source Project. This means anybody is free to work
on whatever topic he/she wishes.

Of course this doesn't mean to ignore the valid concerns of the other
participants. I think it is very important that those who do not wish to
use combat functionality can use the Multiplayer feature in the known
way.

Flightgear aims to be realistic, so anyone who likes to play games will
notice, that in Reality combat flying is not as easy as those
commercially available "sims" pretend.
Just intercepting an AI Aircraft on a known course is not easy. Most
"dubious clientele" will get offended by this.

However my Interest in combat flight is a rather technical/historical
interest. My aircraft are most WW2 aircraft, and I've learned a lot by
creating them, digging through books and other historic documents.

For a pilot interested in aircraft of that aera the "combat mode" is
simply a part of the aircraft history, and should be possible to
explore. That doesn't mean Flightgear will become a "shoot em up game".

...off to work,

Greetings

Detlef