2007/6/27, John Denker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On 06/27/2007 04:06 PM, you wrote:
>
> >>  ...  my yoke made interferences
> >> with autopilot because its lack of force feedback. Y
>
> You wrongly describe the problem.
>
> Probably more than 90%  (maybe even more than 99%) of
> the FGFS users who have joysticks lack any sort of
> force feedback.  In this group, most of them have no
> trouble with the autopilot.
>
> The issue is not force feedback.  The issue is whether
> you have a "quiet" or "noisy" joystick.  If the joystick
> is quiet, it will not generate input events unless you
> touch it.  The autopilot will happily ignore and override
> a quiet joystick.

My yoke is CH Products Yoke. I think (as I see in the code) than
FlightGear tests yoke position every input.cxx pass.

If it finds that yoke position is different of the virtual yoke it
applies real yoke position. And when the autopilot is changing virtual
yoke it is different.

My simptoms are that I see everytime I engage autopilot my yoke moving
very quickly from real yoke position to AP position and then from AP to
yoke.

> If your joystick is noisy, you may be able to solve the
> problem by configuring a slight "dead band" in your joystick,
> using existing configuration features.

No, it is not noisy. I have tested it with utils and found that my yoke
is very quiet. I think my previous afirmation may be correct.

> >> The diffs are at http://www.eurogaran.com/fgfs/fgfs_ap_joy_locking.diff and
> >> http://www.eurogaran.com/fgfs/kap140_locking_controls_capable.diff
>
> People would be more likely to look at the diffs if the
> file permissions allowed it:
>
>    lynx -source -head
> http://www.eurogaran.com/fgfs/kap140_locking_controls_capable.diff
>
> HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
> Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 22:27:28 GMT
> Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Debian GNU/Linux) PHP/4.3.10-18
> Connection: close

 Sorry, my fault. It is fixed now.

> [Reply to the list if you wish.]

Thanks for your quick response.