On 07/06/2007 01:12 AM, Pigeon wrote:
>> For quite a while I've been using git to keep track of FlightGear
>> files.  Using git instead of CVS is like having a sports car instead
>> of a skateboard.
>
>     All good :)

:-)

>     I notice you're hosting git over http, which is usually much slower
> than using git-daemon.

Yes, git-daemon has many advantages.

   I went with http strictly as a stopgap.  The http price is
   very low for me, and the folks who sell this http service
   don't sell git-daemon service.

>     I have mine setup at:
>
>     git://pigeond.net/flightgear/flightgear.source.git/

Would you be interested in pulling the sport branch into
that repository?

>     For those interested I also have gitweb at http://pigeond.net/git/

Ah, very useful.  (I have a private gitweb, but I'm not in a
position to export it to the world.)

Last month there were a lot of people asking questions about
the CVS logs.  I reckon many of those questions could have
been answered very conveniently via a look at the gitweb.