Yes, that's the point.

If anyone is interested, there is a manual and a .exe,
which shows how today 3d-Clouds could work:

http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/purpl/projects/fastclouds/publicmedia/manual/index.htm

And here a lot of more Ideas about clouds:
http://www.vterrain.org/Atmosphere/Clouds/

Greetings
HHS
--- Harald JOHNSEN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:

> Vivian Meazza wrote:
>
> >John Wojnaroski
> >

> >>Behalf Of
> >>Sent: 01 September 2007 21:47
> >>To: FlightGear developers discussions
> >>Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] Particle Systems
> >>

> >>I've yet to see a system that IMHO tops what Mark
> Harris did
> >>a few years
> >>ago part of his doctoral thesis.
> >>
> >>See http://www.lfstech.com/img/sfo_clouds.jpg.
> >>
> >>Someone made a decision a few years ago to replace
> rather
> >>than improve.
> >>Think we all lost a very promising
> >>implementation, but there might be an opportunity
> to recover
> >>what was lost.
> >>
> >>Stay tuned...
> >>
> >>John
> >>

> There are methods today to do real volumetric
> display with slices from a
> 3d volume, so yes there is method to draw clouds a
> lot better than those.
> The old implementation of the Harris code in fg was
> using hard coded
> cloud shape, hard coded cloud relative position
> between clouds, hard
> coded group of cloud around ksfo. The next
> implementation could do
> clouds everywhere on the planet, parametrable cloud
> shapes in an xml
> file (Harris was using a non editable binary
> format), parametrable cloud
> formation type.
> Wasn't that some kind of improvement ? What could
> have been improved
> then is some new texture for the cloud particles or
> new shapes or
> whatever, frankly anybody could enhance what I did.
> Hm wait, you did not realize that Harris clouds are
> *slow* and ppl on
> this list were using depreciated hardware...
> Using his method to render the clouds is very easy
> to integrate in our code.
>

> >I'm with you on this one John, except I can't see
> how to integrate that
> >solution, or the particle solution with the weather
> radar. But perhaps some
> >real expert can ...
> >
> >Vivian
> >

> You don't have to integrate anything. Cloud
> visualization has nothing to
> do with the radar, the radar only uses the cloud
> position.
>
> HJ.

> Still grepping through log files to find problems?
> Stop.
> Now Search log events and configuration files using
> AJAX and a browser.
> Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >>
> http://get.splunk.com/

      Die etwas anderen Infos rund um das Thema Reisen. BE A BETTER
WELTENBUMMLER!  www.yahoo.de/clever