On Sat, 2007-10-20 at 17:28 -0600, Ron Jensen wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-10-20 at 18:24 +0100, Jon Stockill wrote:
> > Syd&Sandy wrote:
> >
> > > I havent tested this one but Ive found that I have to put the material
> > > animation first before any
> > > others for it to work ....
> >
> > It appears to be a bug in the osg version - changing bool to int and
> > true/false to 1/0 makes everything work. Is plib doing a type conversion
> > that osg isnt?
> >
> > Jon
>
> It sounds like that is the case, and its not unreasonable, IMHO, that
> you can't multiply a number by "false" and get a valid answer.
>
> Have you tried something like this:
>
>   <animation>
>    <type>material</type>
>    <object-name>LED</object-name>
> <condition>/instrumentation/elt/enabled</condition>
>    <emission>
>     <red>1</red>
>     <green>0</green>
>     <blue>0</blue>
>    </emission>
>   </animation>
>

> Ron

Nevermind, that didn't work at all for me.  However, I put your code
(more or less) into an instrument I have here and it did work under OSG.
The AvionicsToggle is a toggle switch model taken from
Aircraft/Instruments-3d/controls/switch-large-flat.ac.  It rotates with
the boolean property value as well.  I last built Simgear/Flightgear on
31 Aug and am using OSG 2.0:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<PropertyList>

<path>switch-panel.ac</path>

    <animation>
        <type>material</type>
        <object-name>LED</object-name>
        <emission>
            <red>0.9</red>
            <green>0.0</green>
            <blue>0.0</blue>
            <factor-prop>controls/FIXME</factor-prop>
        </emission>
    </animation>

    <animation>
        <type>rotate</type>
        <object-name>AvionicsToggle</object-name>
        <property>controls/FIXME</property>
        <factor>40</factor>
        <axis>
            <x>0.0</x>
            <y>-1.0</y>
            <z>0.0</z>
        </axis>
        <center>
            <x-m> 0.0</x-m>
            <y-m> 0.0</y-m>
            <z-m>-0.009</z-m>
        </center>
    </animation>

    <animation>
        <type>pick</type>
        <action>
            <name>Avionics Power Toggle</name>
            <button>0</button>
            <binding>
                <command>property-toggle</command>
                <property>controls/FIXME</property>
            </binding>
        </action>
        <object-name>AvionicsToggle</object-name>
    </animation>
</PropertyList>