-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bohnert
Paul
Sent: 22 November 2007 03:54
To: FlightGear developers discussions
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] Nimitz operation menu items

Hi All,

For now please add the two items I asked for.

I'll work on a new and improved stand alone carrier menu.

It might take some time.  I'm learning as I go.

Best Regards,
Paul B

gerard robin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On mer 21 novembre 2007, Mike Schuh wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Nov 2007, Stuart Buchanan wrote:
> >1) I think splitting the dialog into two - one for AI/ATC and one for
> >carrier settings would be a good idea. From the user's perspective, they
> >are really two separate functions and there are now sufficient carrier
> >functions to make this worthwhile.
>
> I agree.
>
> >It might also be worth including buttons for engaging the launchbar, and
> >even firing the catapult.
>
> I think it would be valuable to add a configurable time delay to the
firing
> of the catapult. This would allow the user to click "fire", close/dismiss
> the dialog window/box, and prepare to fly the plane. The default could be,
> say, 5 seconds, and there could be a separate dialog window/box that shows
> the time remaining before the catapult is fired (this separate dialog
would
> automagically disappear when done). I suppose there should be an option to
> not show this countdown timer (or rather, showing it requires checking a
> box in the carrier dialog).

Yes, you are right,
for instance, I did include some delay (with a nasal script) , mainly to get

a nice animation within my Air Navy Aircrafts, unfortunately up today it
is only a private use ( you cannot get profit of it since these models can
fly only with a specific carrier patched JSBsim FDM, ...... old sad
history ).
However, the keys are necessary, to activate these features

> >2) The dialog currently is very specific to the Nimitz and its current
> >location. I think it would be a good idea to instead provide controls for
> >any number of carriers...
>
> I agree.

Regards,

--
GĂ©rard
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/

  _____

Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you with Yahoo Mobile. Try
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51731/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/sports;_ylt=At9_q
DKvtAbMuh1G1SQtBI7ntAcJ> it now.