On Thursday 29 November 2007 20:38:15 Heiko Schulz wrote:
> There are some things I noticed and two suggestion:
> -If I check "show fps" - it does not appear.
> I have to enlarge and to downsize the window, or to
> reset FGF for viewing the fps
Are you sure you're using the exact --geometry setting you require, and/or
hiding the taskbar?  If there's a taskbar on the screen for example, the
bottom part of the window (with the fps display) will likely be cut off.
Maybe the fullscreen option, or the "game mode" might help there (I'm not on
Windows to check myself, but I've seen a similar thing happen on Linux
desktops).

> Suggestions:
> -Because we have a wide range of aircrafts which only
> can fully used with OSG we should give an option for
> using the OSG version with the release. With MS it is
> easy ( download option for OSG-Binary and just
> changing the root), for other platforms maybe a little
> bit more difficult. It also brings a little preview
> about the features and abilities of the new scenegraph
I also think that at least the two versions should be made to run happily
together (i.e. by sorting the aforementioned 3d clouds / autosaved setting
bug)  An optional "official" (i.e. nicely packaged) download of FG-OSG 0.9.11
for more adventurous Windows users would be nice.

> - can we change the name of the new release from
> 0.9.11 to 0.9.12? I'm not superstitious, but it looks
> a little bit funny on a FLIGHTsimulation ( remember
> the 11. september 2001 - and the aftereffect to the
> aircraft industry)

I would strongly disagree with that - with every respect for those who were
affected by the events you mention, it's only a set of numbers (not even a
date, in any recognisable format), and since 0.9.11 comes right after 0.9.10,
it's only logical to use them.  If we start being ridiculously over-sensitive
to particular numbers we'll end up with a very odd version history indeed...

Cheers,

AJ