Torsten Dreyer schrieb:
>> somehow it seems that the used joystick axis (knobs at the joystick) do
>> not indicate the asked maximal value to the tutorial.
>>
> What do the properties
> /controls/engines/engine[n]/mixture
> and
> /controls/engines/engine[n]/propeller-pitch
> indicate when you set your relevant joystick controls to maximum?

Hi Torsten,

just checked it:

mixture:                     '1'      //seems this poti had a good day,
today :-), was recognized now by the tutorial
propeller-pitch          '0.9866634011'   //not recognized, the
key-trick did it
throttle                        '0.9855189621'  //the same as above
> Just to have an idea, how "tolerant" the tutorial should be.
> (A flight instructor whould say: "mixture full rich is *full* rich, not 95%
> full rich...)
>
> Torsten

... and he is absolutely right - speaking about real-life technics.

We have the problem that we are using a lot of different controllers
with very variable characteristics.
And that we cannot "config" these physical properties within FlightGear.

I locally "tuned" some of my best-loved FlightGear helicopters and
aircraft to make them "feel right" at the controls.
That means on one side for instance reduce very big joystick-movements
to very small to have good helicopter control and on the other side make
an aircraft steerable on ground by increasing the very small pedal
movements.

This is why a more professional (certified) simulator is adapted to only
one or two controller sets.
So "0.986" might be a good value for a controller which is many years
old and in use every day for some hours.

Regards
Georg