When prssing the 5 key on the numeric keypad to reset the controls to zero,
the control surfaces instantly move to their origin. Similar effects can also
happen when an autopilot controller is activated, and when a noisy joystick
is interfering with an autopilot controller.

I think moving a control surface, like for example the rudder, from full left
deflection to rull right deflection in an instant is unrealistic. To make
this more realistic I think we should put in a low pass filter somewhere in
the chain from crontrol device to FDM. My first thought would be to do the
filtering just befir handing the value over to the FDM.

Does anyone on the list have comments on this?

--
Roy Vegard Ovesen