Am Freitag 07 Dezember 2007 schrieb LeeE:

> ...[end user rating scheme is bad idea]...
> I propose that we identify the different areas of development i.e. 3d
> model, FDM, Cockpit, flight control systems etc. and then just state
> the level of development for each of those areas.

While this is probably the most neutral scheme a few questions arise to me. If
its not coming from the users, who is going to do the evaluation? According
to which criteria/set of standards?

The result might also be too complex for new users (for which this rating
system was intended in the first place), so we also need some defined
procedure (e.g. weighted scores of the categories) to cut it down to a few
easily understood levels (like we have now in the hangar, i.e. alpha, early
production, production, maybe not that developer centric). I favour school
grades over stars because you get a decimal for finer distinction.

Anyway I like the idea of having 'Stiftung Warentest' (THE german consumer
goods evaluator) for aircraft.

Thomas

Note: haven't read the whole thread so bear with me if I'm just restating
other's ideas.