Hello!

What do you think about including the openstreetmap.org data to the FGFS
Scenery?

The project collects GPS tracks from various people and forges them to a
digital map. But take a look at it for yourself: http://openstreetmap.org/
It's "not done" yet, but progressing fast.

Do you recognize that area? ;)
http://openstreetmap.org/?mlat=37.6665946&mlon=-122.4233048&zoom=13

My proposal is to use this free content to enhance the FGFS scenery with
realistic roads. The dataset even includes various metadata.

In distance future, it might be even possible to simulate the traffic: Since
the raw GPS tracks are available too, you could estimate the traffic density
for a road and time... (The more tracks, the more traffic (Ok, for this
assumption there must be far more contributors to eleminate errors)).

Being able to display the names of (bigger) roads could be usefull to some
people, too.

As far as I can tell, the license is no problem.

I hope I gave you a welcome inspiration with my proposal!

Thank you for FGFS so far!

Regards, Joe