On lun 31 mars 2008, Vivian Meazza wrote:

SNIP

> > Even on my old PC with a FX5200 OSG run very pretty at
> > least.
> > It is true that OSG is slower than plib- but the
> > graphic is much better (exxept the 3D-clouds and the
> > missing shadows)- please not another discussion about
> > OSG vs Plib!
>
> CoreDuo 2,6 Ghz and a Gainward 8800GT. Not surprised it runs well!!! In
> particular I think the CoreDuo does threading better than the P4. In case
> you haven't noticed, the 7600gs is coping easily with the output from
> FG-OSG - that's why the frame rates didn't increase.
>
> And what would Vsync do? The frame rate never gets anywhere near the point
> at which it might operate. I've tried frame-rate-throttle - it just makes
> it worse. The graphics are absolutely no different here between OSG or plib
> that I can see, and why should they be?
>
> Could we have some _real_ numbers to compare instead of hearsay.
>
> This is not a OSG versus plib discussion - it's a why OSG is so poor on XP
> discussion
>
> Vivian

Hello, Vivian

You are right  :)

AND, with Linux and the same Graphics Card 7800 GS   512 MB, i can notice the
same decrease of performance from FG-PLIB  to FG-OSG ,
I ever had   about 20% less performance   with OSG.

I am running FG on  AMD ATHLON 3200 (32 bit) with AGP  mothercard.

May be OSG is more accurate with modern (recent) CPU. (i must test it).

Cheers

--
GĂ©rard
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/