* Curtis Olson -- Tuesday 03 June 2008:
> Well assuming that we have agreed to switch over to a case insensitive
> search,

I think we have. Takes another hour until I have compiled OSG 2.5.1
and the newest sg/fg changes, but then I'll commit Stuart's patch
(after having fixed indendation and random spaces, of course :-).

For those not fully understanding the issue yet, here's a little
illustration: If I use the following quite useful shell function ...

  apt() { LANG=en_US zgrep "^1 " $FG_ROOT/Airports/apt.dat.gz|sed -r
's,^..{13},,'|egrep -i "$*" ; }

like so:

  $ apt ""         # normally I'd write e.g.    apt ^LO   or   apt Dallas

then I get a list of all airports, and a part of it looks like this:

 YWTL Waterloo
 CYKF WATERLOO
 KALO WATERLOO RGNL
 37NE Watermeier
 MA97 Waters
 KART WATERTOWN INTL
 KRYV Watertown Muni
 KATY WATERTOWN RGNL
 2S5  Waterville
 CCW3 Waterville Kings Co Muni
 KWVL WATERVILLE ROBERT LAFLEUR
 40C  Watervliet Municipal
 S25  WATFORD CITY MUNI

So a case-sensitive search for "Wat" would give me an unpredictable
"random" result. There's no rule for when names are capitalized or
versal. This is not suited to find a particular airport. Of course,
we could modify the names when reading in apt.dat.gz, but that's a
bit tricky, too. Some things don't make sense when auto-capitalized:
AB (Airbase) shouldn't become Ab, for example.

m.