James Turner wrote:
> On 3 Sep 2008, at 17:37, Tim Moore wrote:
>
>> For the record, it's completely impractical to maintain a bi-
>> directional cvs-git
>> mirror system -- where committers can check into either the cvs or
>> the git
>> repository -- and probably only slightly less so to maintain a bi-
>> directional
>> svn-git scheme.
>
> Why?
>
> The impression I have is that this *is* possible, and git explicitly
> has tools to *make* it possible, automatically.
Because such a mirroring scheme would have to resolve merge conflicts
automatically. So I take back what I said about the slight possibility of
bi-directional svn-git mirrors.

Note that this is not the same thing as maintaining a private git mirror of a
remote cvs or svn repository; there you can handle merge conflicts yourself.

Tim