Hi all!

In the FlightGear forum we came upon the question of how FlightGear
locates textures, e.g. used by scenery generated with the TerraGear
photo-command.

http://www.flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2149

As far as I understand the current OSG loader code, all textures must be
defined in the materials.xml.

According to Fred Bouvier, in the old PLIB-days textures not defined in
the materials.xml where searched for in the same folder the .btg.gz-file
was located in.

I didn't check the PLIB-code, but from a look into the OSG-code I have
seen that currently no such search is performed.

Is this even possible with the current architecture? It seems sensible
to me to distribute such textures with the scenery instead of the base
package.

Cheers,
Ralf