Thanks for the reply.  I've just looked through that section, and it seem that

omega x v
(eq. 1.5-13)

is a recurring theme in dynamics modelling.  After doing unit analysis, I
found that it gives acceleration.  So I guess I will try making use of it in
my own equations of motion.

Another thing that caught my attention: equation (A) on page 70 seems very
similar to the infinitesimal rotational transformation, although it has zeros
in the diagonal instead of ones.  The document doesn't explain how it is
derived, but am I correct to say this is how it is done?

eq(A) dt =
[1, -d psi, d theta; d psi, 1, -d phi; -d theta, d psi, 1][phi; theta; psi] -
[1, 0, 0; 0 1 0; 0 0 1][phi; theta; psi]

Ampere