Manfred Janßen wrote:
>  1. I try to add some radar coverage cone to the A-10. But at the
>  moment I have no idea, how to start that. Any hints?

Hi Manfred,
What do you mean by radar coverage ? The A-10 do not have a radar, or
may be you are talking about Radar Warning Receiver ?

There is no point on adding a radar to the A-10, it would be like adding
turbofan to the c172p... The A-10 as a cannon in place of the radar :-)

If you want to  have a better view on how works the radar in Flightgear,
you can have a look at AIBase.cxx, which is the starting point of every
computation, then there are two systems: wxradar.cxx and radar2.nas.
There is also a per aircraft database, radardist.xml and radardist.nas
giving radar performances when the aircraft has a radar and also
reflection performances for most of the GA aircrafts, this database is
called by radar2.nas but could used by any other system.
There is also a current developement for a generic RWR instrument
(suitable for A-10, F-16, OV-10, A-6E...) giving a display of azimut,
strength and type of radar threats. This use radar2.nas and the
database. the RWR should be commited in a few days.

Greetings,

Alexis