On Oct 31, 2008, at 8:51 AM, James Turner wrote:

> So, I can confirm that disabling hardware mip-map generation does fix
> my initial issue on the 7300 GT, which is great news. Unfortunately,
> my secondary issue is still present:

Great to hear that at least the first one is solved :-)

> What happens (based on earlier testing), is that the dynamic cast is
> failing (returning null):
>
> SGReaderWriterBTGOptions *opt = new
> SGReaderWriterBTGOptions(*dynamic_cast<const SGReaderWriterBTGOptions
> *>(options));
>
> Last time I checked, I logged the pointer address of the
> SGReaderWriterBTGOptions object, and it was sane, but somehow the
> dynamic cast failed. I hoped this was the GCC 4.0 bug that Tat has
> previously mentioned, but I'm using GCC 4.2, and it made no change.
> This is why I think there's some memory corruption going - something
> is trashing the RTTI data associated with the object, is my feeling.

This problem didn't happen on the iMac that I tested.
So this may be a processor related issue.

Could you tell me what compiler options did you specify?
I wonder if this problem happens when you specify no optimization including -O,
-mtune, -march, and -msse.
It is also possible that changing -arch option (i386 or -arch x86_64) might
help you find what's wrong.

Moreover, Does this or similar thing happens on other platforms with dual Xeon?

Tat