On Oct 31, 2008, at 12:01 AM, Csaba Halász wrote:
>> Just a quick hunch that might be totally unrelated, but I noticed some
>> textures are not a power of two (128, 256, 512, 1024, etc pixels). OSG
>> tries to convert these textures to a power of two, but maybe the test
>> that tries to determine if that is necessary doesn't work properly on MacOS?
>
> I believe the extension for that feature is GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two.
> Running with OSG_NOTIFY_LEVEL=INFO you can verify whether OSG detects that.

Tried it on My MacBook Pro, got that it has GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two.
According to the log file that I got while debugging on iMac / GeForce 7300GT,
it supports GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two as well.

I also tested A6M2 with resized panel.rgb (500x500) and it worked properly.
The log file showed:

Scaling image '<snip>/data/Aircraft/A6M2/Models/panel.rgb' from (500,500) to
(512,512).

Now I can tell that OSG properly rescales the image on Mac OS X (at least on my
MacBook Pro with ATI Radeon X1600).

Tat