On 12/31/2008 06:22 PM, Ron Jensen wrote:

> for what its worth, the in-air dialog could
> set /fdm/jsbsim/gear/unit[*]/WOW to false.

I thought of that.

It doesn't work.

The FDM rewrites the "wow" property at frame rate,
forcing it to 1.

Why it is so insistent on writing a value to the
property tree -- and yet equally insistent on not
calculating the correct value -- is hard to
understand.

But I emphasize that I don't care about wow.  I
am quite content to use the gear-compression-norm
property.  The "wow" issue is an escapee from a
different thread;  it is *not* one of the amazing
FDM initialization bugs.