On Wed, 2008-12-31 at 20:07 -0700, John Denker wrote:
> On 12/31/2008 06:22 PM, Ron Jensen wrote:
>
> > for what its worth, the in-air dialog could
> > set /fdm/jsbsim/gear/unit[*]/WOW to false.
>
> I thought of that.
>
> It doesn't work.

Yes, it does.

> The FDM rewrites the "wow" property at frame rate,
> forcing it to 1.

Not quite, the flightgear<->FDM interface copies the contents
of /fdm/jsbsim/gear/unit[*]/WOW into /gear/gear[*]/wow every frame.

You can change /fdm/jsbsim/gear/unit[*]/WOW and the flightgear<->FDM
interface will happily plug the new value into /gear/gear[*]/wow for
you.

> Why it is so insistent on writing a value to the
> property tree -- and yet equally insistent on not
> calculating the correct value -- is hard to
> understand.
>
> But I emphasize that I don't care about wow.  I
> am quite content to use the gear-compression-norm
> property.  The "wow" issue is an escapee from a
> different thread;  it is *not* one of the amazing
> FDM initialization bugs.

You brought it up.

Ron