On dimanche 11 janvier 2009, Durk Talsma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just a quick question. As far as I'm concerned, we'll be doing a 1.9.1 bug
> fix release soon. I would just like to get an impression how our progress
> is on the various problems that have been reported. I know that the "black
> box" problem is fixed now, but how are we doing on the other issues. In
> particular, some people seem to have reported that FlightGear got stuck in
> an endless scenery loading loop. Do we already have a handle on that?
>
> I also know that various people,  have reported other bugs. I am under the
> impression that most of these are actually problems that need to be
> addressed as part of our normal development cycle and not immediate
> showstoppers.
>
> As for a time frame, I'm thinking about mid- to late January, and I would
> indeed recommend that major updates to important system are held off until
> we have released 1.9.1. I can't guarantee a firm timeline yet, because
> temperatures have dropped below freezing, which means I spend my weekends
> ice skating. Rest assured, it's never freezing for extended periods of
> time, so this won't hold up the release indefinitely.
>
> Cheers,
> Durk

Hello Durk,
Are you confusing speed and quality ?
What about waiting for a stable OSG version ?
Are you sure we won't get any surprise with it ?
OR do you intend to deliver an other version behind 1.9.1.........1.9.2
On our side we don't have yet built the  FG 1.9.
We can only notice that there is still with CVS that ugly blue edge  with 3D
clouds.
here
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/3DClouds-blue_edge.jpg

And these strange messages on the console when loading some aircrafts

Error: Setting mode 'GL_COLOR_MATERIAL' via osg::StateSet::setMode(mode,value)
ignored.
       The mode 'GL_COLOR_MATERIAL' is set by the osg::Material
StateAttribute.
       Setting this as a mode fools osg's State tracking.
Error: Setting mode 'GL_COLOR_MATERIAL' via osg::StateSet::setMode(mode,value)
ignored.
       The mode 'GL_COLOR_MATERIAL' is set by the osg::Material
StateAttribute.
       Setting this as a mode fools osg's State tracking.
Error: Setting mode 'GL_COLOR_MATERIAL' via osg::StateSet::setMode(mode,value)
ignored.
       The mode 'GL_COLOR_MATERIAL' is set by the osg::Material
StateAttribute.
       Setting this as a mode fools osg's State tracking.

Cheers

--
Gérard
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/

J'ai décidé d'être heureux parce que c'est bon pour la santé.
Voltaire