"Curtis Olson" wrote:

> There is a set of messages that the Garmin 295/296/400/430/530/etc. emit.  I
> previously implmented this message set which you can activate with the
> --AV400=[...] option.  This works for driving a Garmin 295/296 gps.
> However, the 400/430/530 gps expect a different command set from the
> simulator which is what I have implemented.

This sounds great to me. Even though I would not count the GNS430/530
as being among my personal favourites, I know they are _very_ popular
and I've been using such thing at least in two different aircraft. If
I'm not mistaken, this would probably allow FlightGear to drive the
Windows-based series 400 simulation software - buying a real GNS430
just as an add on might be somewhat expensive for the casual user  :-)

Please note, while you/we are at it, than "fgfs --help --verbose",
among others, lists the "--garmin=" option, but not the "--AV400=".

Cheers,
        Martin.