On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Martin Spott wrote:

> This sounds great to me. Even though I would not count the GNS430/530
> as being among my personal favourites, I know they are _very_ popular
> and I've been using such thing at least in two different aircraft. If
> I'm not mistaken, this would probably allow FlightGear to drive the
> Windows-based series 400 simulation software - buying a real GNS430
> just as an add on might be somewhat expensive for the casual user  :-)

It would be great if it was possible to drive the windows based 400-series
simulator software, but I don't have any idea if it's setup to respond to
serial input.  My understanding is that it had a graphics front end combined
with a backend engine that communicated via network packets.  But I could be
wrong.

Regards,

Curt.
--