The doppler effect (which I currently have working through the
USE_SOFTWARE_DOPPLER define) has never sounded very "real" to my ear.
Recently I've wondered if it might be to do with the "volume dropoff"
not being enough.

It's hard to subjectively quantify the dropoff in the flyby, but for
example if we switch to tower view, it seems you can always hear the
aircraft no matter how far away you get, for example, I was 100 miles
from the tower and yet I had no trouble hearing the aircraft at all.

Is the dropoff (if there is one at all, perhaps my mind is filling in
the blank and making one), configurable at all through some property, I
couldn't find one?  It would be good to be able to play around with the
numbers and see if it makes an "improvement" to the subjective
convincingness of the doppler effect.

---
James Sleeman