* Stuart Buchanan -- Saturday 24 January 2009:
> The patch is attached.

I'm not that familiar with the case, but wasn't the diagnosis first
that it's a bug somewhere? In this case I wouldn't like a nasal
hack around that in common space. I prefer fixes to hacks.  :-)

> Assuming that we want to use this, I'm not sure whether tune.nas
> should be in Aircraft/Generic, or data/Nasal.

If it's not just a hack around a bug, then it should probably go
in $FG_ROOT/Nasal/aircraft.nas (after adapting the coding style :-).

What's also suboptimal: the "trailing-underscore namespace". It's
just not necessary (and it's ugly). The exception handling is also
a bit contrived. This would do the same:

  var ext = freq;
  if (num(ext) == nil)
      ext = getprop(ext);

The num() function returns the argument as number if it could be
interpreted as number, or nil otherwise. Of course, both solutions
don't digest props.Node or vector/hash/ghost etc.

m.