On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 21:40 +0100, Erik Hofman wrote:
> Durk Talsma wrote:
> > Given that we are taking this route now, FlightGear CVS is, I guess,
> > cleared
> > again for major and somewhat more risky commits (JSBSim sync, etc etc).
>
> Alright, I've updated JSBSim now, including a number of engine files.
> The following files might need some attention though, since they are not
> in JSBSim CVS:
>
>      A6M2/Engines/CS-40B.xml
>      an2/Engines/ASH-62IR.xml
>      Boeing314/Engines/WrightGR-2600.xml
>      c150/Engines/eng_O-200.xml
>      C684/Engines/6Pfi.xml
>      dc6/Engines/eng_R-2800.xml
>      DR400/Engines/Lycoming_O-235-L2A.xml
>      Dragonfly/Engines/Rotax582.xml
>      ercoupe/Engines/c-75-12.xml
>      flash2a/Engines/503.xml
>      Noratlas/Engines/MarboreII.xml
>      ogel/Engines/200hp-jsbsim-2.0.xml
>      P-38-Lightning/Engines/Allison.xml
>      SenecaII/Engines/tsio360eb.xml
>      Skyranger/Engines/rotax.xml
>      Storch/Engines/Argus_As_10.xml
>      ZivkoEdge/Engines/io540.xml
>
> Erik

The effects I'm anticipating are:

A change in idle level.  I expect <minthrottle>0.2</minthrottle> will
work the best, as this is the aeromatic default I hope most engines will
work just fine.

A possible decrease in max power for engines specifying a <BSFC> tag
with a max manifold pressure less than 29.9.  The new carburetor code
takes <maxmp> into account, whereas the old code did not.

Right now you may specify a maxmp greater than 29.9 to have the model
calculate a bsfc setting for boosted engines, but the old "fake boost"
mode is disabled. So engines will need a boost section to achieve the
higher manifold pressure.

A simple onespeed supercharger example is shown below:
  <numboostspeeds> 1   </numboostspeeds>
  <ratedboost1>    8.15</ratedboost1> <!-- 46.5 inHg -->
  <ratedpower1> 1900   </ratedpower1> <!-- Horsepower -->
  <ratedrpm1>   2600   </ratedrpm1>
  <ratedaltitude1> 0 </ratedaltitude1>

To calculate the ratedboost number:
Take your max boosted manifold pressure minus 29.9
  46.5 inHg - 29.9 inHg = 16.6 inHg
Multiply the result by 0.491
  16.6 inHg * 0.491 = 8.15 psi

Ron