Erik wrote

> Vivian Meazza wrote:
>
> > I've now amended the table to reflect the static offset, and I'm happy
> with
> > the result.
>
> Even at midnight?
> I was worried the ambient might be too light with a static offset.
>
> > Do you want proceed with this, or just drop it?
>
> Lets get it right this time.

I think it's as right as we are going to get it, given all the unknowns
about the objects and the scattering particles in the environment at any
time or place.

I think the purists would argue that we ought to adjust the ambient values
for altitude as well. There is much less ambient light once you leave the
atmosphere. Perhaps we can do that at a later date, when we have an external
model for the Shuttle. (This is also known as hitting the problem into the
long grass :-) ).

Vivian