Stuart Buchanan wrote:

> I've been seeing this every time I load on Ubuntu Hardy. I'm 90% sure
> that the ridge-lift enhancement is the root cause - it's the only
> source change that went in when I rebuilt last.

We've occasionally seen lots of NaN's before addition of the ridge-lift
as well and they had never been adresses substantially. I don't mean to
blame anyone, instead I'd like to revive the idea that the ridge-lift
is probably just triggering a long-standing 'feature' ....  not that I
claim to have the slightest clue which one it would be,

        Martin.