On Fri, 2009-05-22 at 20:30 +0200, Mathias Fröhlich wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have now checked in a small tool in flightgear that can be used just like
> osgviewer. The huge difference is that it also works for btg and with some
> knowledge about the internals of the model loading process also for stg files.
>
> The tool is aimed at people working on scenery and willing to see how their
> scenery modifications will look like. The can do so now without starting
> flightgear.

This seems to work for me.

> This is a basic version of that tool that might grow it there is a need.
> I hope to include more flightgear internal scenery loading stuff so that you
> can
> at some time also load aircraft models an see if the static parts
> animations/transforms/postprocessing steps are as expected without the need
> start the whole simulation.

feature.

> So far so good.
>
> You need to set the environment variable FG_ROOT like you should have in
> flightgear. And then for example load a btg.gz file of your interrest :)
>
> Problems and suggestions to me :)
>
> Greetings
>
> Mathias

Thanks Mathias...

It would be nice if an unset FG_ROOT would post a better error message
than:
$ fgviewer
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'sg_io_exception'
Aborted

It would be even nicer if it compiled in the  --datadir= default from
configure.  :)

But great first step!

Much Thanks,

Ron