James Turner wrote:

> Okay, which leaves the other issue: ADF. Neither the generic adf.cxx
> nor kr87.cxx search ILS stations. Looking at this PDF:
>

> https://www.bendixking.com/servlet/com.honeywell.aes.utility.PDFDownLoadServlet?FileName=/static/brochures/pdf/kr87.pdf
>
> makes me think they should only be searching NDBs - the current code
> would actually search VORs, but only if you entered an 'appropriate'
> value in the /frequencies/selected-khz node, i.e '113800' for TLA VOR
> (which is 113.8Mhz, obviously).

Adding to William's comment, in contrast to DME's, NDB's are not being
slaved to VOR's or anything else (which would have been a reasonable
explanation for the described behaviour), instead they are technically
as well as organizationally independent systems.

Cheers,
        Martin.
P.S.: It's been a while since I've last flown an aircraft with ADF on
      board. NDB's are already to be considered being non-functional in
      our country ....