On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 10:05 AM, Ron Jensen wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-07-17 at 13:50 +0200, asma ben zakour wrote:
> > Tahnks for the answer, actually I don't want to replay the flight, but
> > extract information from the output file I get from FG.
> > The problem seems to be that the xml file I put into data\protocol is
> > looking for some plane informations it cannot find and FG crashes...
> > Is there a way to make FG not crash when I use a plane that doesn't
> > provide the information I ask from my XML file ? Or do I have to
> > define a specific XML file for each plane ?
> >
> > Thank you :)
>
> Two methods just to mind.
> 1. Create the missing property on the command line:
>  fgfs --prop:/uncreated/property/name=0
>
> Depending on which properties you're using you could add all the
> properties in your thesis.xml file to the .fgfsrc file.
>
> 2. Create the missing property in the aircraft -set file.

This would be a good short term work around, but definitely I hope Eric can
look at the "generic" IO interface code and make sure it sets the "create"
flag to true on all the properties that are referenced so they are created
if they don't otherwise exist.

Curt.
--
Curtis Olson: http://baron.flightgear.org/~curt/