Torsten Dreyer wrote:
> Just commited a hack for envrionment_ctrl.cxx.
>
> It now waits for the first METAR to arrive before proceeding with the
> initialization sequence. This prevents the nasal-dir-initialized signal being
> fired before a METAR has arrived.
>
> I more and more like the idea of removing startup.nas and implenting the
> automatic runway selection depending on METAR wind directly in the
> METAR-subsystem, probably enabled by a property.
>
> I didn't mark the hack as "temporary" because temporary solutions usually
> last
> longest ;-)
>
> For now, the message from startup.nas should have disappeared and automatic
> runway selection based on METAR wind should work again.
>
> Torsten

Hi Torsten,

I still get the message from startup.nas at some airports.  Here is an
example at KLMO, home base for the real N7764P.

[...@dadsoffice data]$ ./bin/fgfs --airport=KLMO --aircraft=pa24-250
--fg-scenery=/home/dad/scenery --enable-real-weather-fetch
FGMultiplayMgr - No receiver port, Multiplayermode disabled
Nasal runtime error: nil used in numeric context
  at /usr/local/games/FlightGear/data/Nasal/startup.nas, line 12
  called from: /usr/local/games/FlightGear/data/Nasal/startup.nas, line 29
KI266 dme indicator #0 initialized
Nasal Electrical System Initialized

fgfs and SimGear updated from cvs yesterday.

Regards,
Dave P.