Strange colors on windows with ATI GPU, but here dominating color is red in
the crop shader.
I slightly modified the effects file and rendering gui to be able to enable
them one at a time.
both landmass and crop suffer from that, and it's triggered by camera
movement.

Unrelated comments :
Might want to look in at disabling fixed function lighting when doing per
pixel lighting, and tweak blending and alpha settings, first to avoid
wasting gpu cycles on unneeded settings, like lighting when doing per pixel.
but also to prevent side effects from fixed function state.

Also, I was once told that stuff like a = b = c should be avoided : there is
absolutely no guarantee it will be processed correctly, or in the order you
think it would. GLSL is definitely not C :)
Seems to work, but it's a dangerous slope if you want portability to rely on
C side effects in GLSL.
Common and oft repeated wisdom is if you develop on nvidia, you debug on ATI
(or 3Dlabs) and if it runs there, it should run everywhere : nvidia seems to
be the laxest of the GLSL spec interpretations (they all divert from the
spec where they feel like it, except maybe 3dlabs who, well, created the
specs)

Comments inside code lines are forbidden by the specs (stuff like some_code
/*comment*/; is not compliant, but some_code; /*comment*/ is) : either by
itself on a line, or after all code on a line, after the;

Water shader does work beautifully, albeit the geometry seams are very
visible. I seem to recall that wasn't the case with the first version
committed, I'll have to re-check.

Thanks for all the hard work,
Cheers,
Nic

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 4:42 AM, till busch <b...@bux.at> wrote:

> hi james,
>
> this is not at all how it should look like. i believe that either something
> is
> wrong with lighting values in gl_FrontLightModelProduct / gl_LightSource[0]
> or smoothstep() does not work correctly on your system.
>
> i'm working on improving the shaders. i'll try to make a shader without
> smoothstep for you to check.
>
> the problem could also be mac-specific? did someone else notice strange
> colors
> with the shaders on os x?
>
> cheers,
>
> - till
> mes

Be Kind.
Remember, everyone is fighting a hard battle.