Still a problem, with or without the MP ignore chat. (tested under both
conditions)
We intermittently now get chat messages from people thousands of kilometres
away and duplicated messages with the callsign changed : for example,
some_nic says : nice barrel roll, then some_other_nic a few seconds later
will "magically" repeat what was just said, absolutely identical,
punctuation and typos included :)

It kinda makes text based ATC a nightmare, as it looks random to the user
busy with flying.
Log on messages are also a bit on the fritz : you can see this happens with
individuals log-on messages being spoken by other nics : afaik, only someguy
uses Phhhhhhfffftt but I saw among others, syd sign on with that message ;)

Or just a few minutes ago, while I was getting ready to launch from Nimitz,
a guy in Europe in a F-18 was asking for partners to fly to the Balkans, and
I thought he was nuts to want to fly from KSFO to Montenegro, and couldn't
see him on my zoomed mpmap.
Of course not : zoomed out and he was in Europe, near his intended
destination.

Common occurrence in the last couple weeks. Probably the "last in line" bug
affecting the pilot list and chat in a weird way.
Cheers,
Nic

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Rob Shearman, Jr. <rmsj...@yahoo.com>wrote:

> I've mentioned the problem here before, but as far as I know, no one has
> pinned it down, because all of the Win32 builds from June forward exhibit
> this behavior.  Thanks for looking into it!  -R.
>
> Robert M. Shearman, Jr.
> Transit Operations Supervisor,
> University of Maryland Department of Transportation
> also known as rm...@umd.edu

Be Kind.
Remember, everyone is fighting a hard battle.