Martin Laabs wrote:

> on longer flights (30min or so) it continuities happens, that the landscape
>    in front of me just disappear or even do not load at all. I first
> thought it might be a memory issue but there is enough free ram. I am using
> the current cvs version on FreeBSD 7.2 with  X.Org X Server 1.6.1 and the
> nvidia driver.
>
> Is this a known problem or should I do some more information gathering
> around this bug?

A couple of things to check

1) How fast are you flying, and are you using any acceleration? The TileLoader
(which loads the scenery) runs in a separate thread, and may simply be unable
to keep up if you are flying too fast. However, usually it catches up
eventually.

2) Have you checked that you've downloaded the appropriate scenery for your
destination? By default FG only comes with a fairly small area of scenery. What
happens if you start FG in the area that the scenery had disappeared?

3) The screenshot you posted looks very much as if you are flying below the
terrain. What aircraft are you using?

-Stuart