On Monday 19 October 2009 09:33:25 pm Curtis Olson wrote:

> These are my thoughts ... I haven't had a chance to fully investigate.  It
> would be great if some of you seeing the problem could try the KBOS->KJFK
> route to see if this triggers the bug for you.  And those of you who
> haven't seen this problem could try the flight as well to see if you also
> have this bug.

I have seen a similar problem a couple of weeks ago, enroute from EDDP to
EHAM. the problem appeared approx halfway the flight, and appears to occur
after cycling through the external views using my joystick view cycle button
(the Saitek-Pro FlightYoke). Since the Saitek button only cycles through a
limited nr of views, my impression was that something got mixed up in the tile
scheduler, as a consequence. What is interesting is that in my case, the tiles
appeared to be missing in a checkerboard type fashion, and cycling through the
views, caused an alternation of the visible tiles. In other words, after
completing a complete viewing cycle, tiles that were initially invisible were
now visible, while those initially visible were now just holes. Finally, I
found that doing a complete view cycle, using the [v] [shift-v] keys, seem to
restore the normal situation, at least temporarily.

Don't know how to interpret this yet, but at least this might be something to
play with.

Cheers,
Durk