On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 14:58 +0100, Geoff McLane wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 11:53 +0100, Erik Hofman wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was wondering if anybody has any problems/bugs/oddities that needs to
> > be addressed in the latest SoundSystem code.
> >
> Hi Erik,
>
> Updated FG/SG/DATA CVS as of an hour ago...
> Using only the default c172...
>
> 1. The cabin sound is loader than before - maybe
> I should buy earmuffs ;=)) Is there an xml
> setting for this?
>
> 2. The cabin sound does NOT seems to vary with
> engine RPM, as it did before. But it does in the
> outside tail view...
>
> 3. In takeoff, or flight, pulling or pushing on
> the stick used to cause a sound variation, but now
> there is NONE? Maybe this is right, and the previous
> wrong?

Hi Geoff,
I am very pleased to see your post which confirms everything I observe.

Since Eric started work on the 3d sound system, I have been unable to
use the CVS version of Flightgear. The reason? on the default c172P,
I cannot enable sound because the volume of data/Sounds/wasp.wav and
data/Sounds/wind.wav are played at maximum volume, making other sounds
such as atis, I/O/M markers, flaps, etc unhearable.

There was a moment when Eric showed a moment of uncharacteristic
frustration and ripped all his code out of CVS. I built that version at
2009-11-01 21:37:16 (GMT) and it works well, all sounds being balanced
and audible.

As I am particularly keen on keeping up-to-date with James Turners's
work with a view to implementing a decent ATC system, I really want to
be able to use a workable CVS

My System:
        Hardware:
                Processor       : 2x AMD Athlon 7450 Dual-Core Processor
                Memory          : 2061MB
                OpenGL Renderer : GeForce 9800 GT/PCI/SSE2
                Resolution      : 1280x1024 pixels
                Audio Adapter   : HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
                Input Devices-
                        Saitek Saitek X45 Flight Control Stick
                Audio device: nVidia Corporation MCP72XE/MCP72P/MCP78U/MCP78S
High
Definition Audio (rev a1)
        Software:
                Operating System        : Debian GNU/Linux squeeze/sid
                X11 Vendor              : The X.Org Foundation
                OSG                     : OpenSceneGraph-2.8.2
                Simgear                 : CVS
                FlightGear              : CVS
                OpenAL                  : Debian 1:1.9.563.-1

Kind Regards,

Alasdair