syd adams wrote:
> Everything seems to work here now , plus I now have doppler in flyby
> views ...(with a much more realistic pitch change) ... Thanks for all
> your work .
> I do now have very loud wind noise in some cases , so I need to redo
> some sound xml files.
> Are there any new added options/changes I can experiment with ?
> Cheers

I would be better to hold off any changes just yet. There is still
something strange going on:

OpenAL-Sample:
* has proper Doppler effect with normal velocity (or alDopplerFactor
   set to 1.0) and does have directionals sounds with the current code
   but the volume slider does not work properly

OpenAL Soft:
* needs velocity multiplied by 60-100 (or better yet alDopplerFactor
   set by 60-100), does *not* have directional sound and the volume
   slider does not work properly

My OpenAL implementation:
* needs velocity multiplied by 60-100 (or better yet alDopplerFactor
   set by 60-100), does *not* have directional sound but the volume
   slider *does* work properly

I seem to remember I had the volume slider working properly.
Maybe I should make a diff against the version Alasdair mentioned.

Erik