Alex,

Somewhere I think I still have a set of atlas maps for the world, but these
were generated maybe 8-9 years ago, so there's perhaps a good chance the
file format or structure or image dimensions has changed since then.  I have
to admit I haven't run atlas since many years ago.

I think there's a snapshot of the world scenery floating around on some svn
code site someplace. :-)

Curt.

Curtis Olson: http://baron.flightgear.org/~curt/