On 27 Nov 2009, at 06:28, Tim Moore wrote:

> In my git repositories on gitorious, http://gitorious.org/fg, I've been
> keeping
> "master" branches that are supposed to be stable; the intent is for them to
> be a kind of rolling release candidate that could be turned into a release
> in short order. I've just pushed a bunch of commits to them that have been in
> master
> already for several weeks. At this point, the two lines of development that
> are
> not in master at all are Eric's sound system and the new effects code for
> models.
> Both of these seem to be stabilizing nicely, and I expect them to be in
> master in
> short order.

Excellent.

> When those are merged in, and I expect that to happen before December 1st, I
> suggest
> we roll those up as a real beta and start working towards a New Year's Eve
> release.
> I won't plan on merging anything else to the master branches before the
> release except
> for bug fixes.

Sounds fine to me. I'll be landing some more routing / RNAV / GPS changes
'really soon now', but I expect those to go to your next branch since they will
certainly need time to bake.

Some bug-fixes (on the master branch, and forwards ported) to the current
route/GPS code is fairly likely - do you have any particular suggestion for
managing those?

Regards,
James