Csaba Halász wrote:
> These are two questions as I see it.
> James wants to *use* pulse while most users would be happy to just
> have FG work *around* pulse.
> For this latter case, I believe an alsoftrc with alsa driver and
> dmix/dsnoop devices should be fine.

I could work around pulse, by killing pulse, using flightgear and
restarting pulse.  But that seems a particularly unpleasant workaround.
And as Martin points out, pulse does bring some direct benefit to
Flightgear when you consider also FGCOM etc..

The problem with using pulse directly from openal, I suspect is most
likely an openal or possibly pulse problem, doing a backtrace when it
seems to be locked indicates the execution thread is waiting somewhere
in the pulse library.  I'll post a backtrace later anyway.

The stuttering problem with using alsa->pulse, no idea.

-- James