Hi all,

Yow! I tried to check my WIN32 compile problem in
Ubuntu!

Did a CVS update SG/FG/data about a few hours ago, and
NO PROBLEMS with the linux compile, so will go back and
check my WIN32 compile error later...

But in Ubuntu 8.04 LTS, now get an error exit when running the
default c172... it ran great a few days ago, when I reported
all seemed well... but now...

Console output :-
~/fg/fg7$ ./run_fgfs.sh
run_fgfs.sh: Running: ./fgfs --fg-root=/home/geoff/fg/fg7/fgfs/data  &
~/fg/fg7$ FGMultiplayMgr - No receiver port, Multiplayermode disabled
KI266 dme indicator #0 initialized
creating 3D noise texture... DONE
Initializing Nasal Electrical System
Fatal error: Failed to load wav file: There was already an ALC error on
entry to an ALUT function
 at /home/geoff/fg/fg7/fgfs/data/Sounds/rumble.wav
~/fg/fg7$

The rumble.wav is there, in the data, but the message does
say there was already an ALC error, so maybe the problem
is further back???

Running it under gdb, and setting a break point
at SGSoundMgr::load(), and on the 2nd time
through this function, got the trace attached...

Essentially from the lines of code -

555       data = alutLoadMemoryFromFile(samplepath.c_str(), &format,
&size, &freqf );
556       freq = (ALsizei)freqf;
557       int error = alutGetError();
558       if (data == NULL || error != ALUT_ERROR_NO_ERROR) {

the 'data' is NULL, but even if it was not, additionally
'error' contains a value 518 (0x206)...

Again, I though I had read this before in a recent board
message, and thought a CVS 'fix' had been made, but now not
so sure...

Others seeing this? Any other information I can
provide?

Geoff.

Well not attached, but online at :-
 http://geoffair.net/tmp/gdb-02.txt