In my gitorious repositories at git://gitorious.org/fg/simgear.git and
git://gitorious.org/fg/flightgear.git I've tagged v2.0.0-rc2, which I'm
hoping will be a next viable release candidate. There are unfixed bugs for
which I'm responsible, most notably broken material animations with effects;
I've had some personal issues that have eaten into my time,
but I hope to get this problem fixed by the end of the week.

Below are commits that are in next (CVS) that aren't in this master release.
I didn't include them because I felt that they were new functionality and/or
weren't relevant to a release, but I don't feel strongly about that and
would include them in a third release candidate if desired.

Tim

simgear:
* torsten/geoequal (2010-01-02)
 add "operator == ()" to SGGeod and SGGeoc

flightgear:
* durk/atcdcl-cond (2010-01-05)
 Some additional changes to ensure that FlightGear at least compiles after
configuring with --disable-atcdcl. Some substitution code is added in
ATC/atcutils.cxx and ATC/atcutils.hxx. Note that the new code doesn't run
properly yet. Instead, it is just meant to identify which parts need
replacement. Getting that to work will be the next step.
 Conditional compilation of ATCDCL module. Use --disable-atcdcl to try
building flightgear without ATCDCL code.

* torsten/auto (2010-01-03)
 - added a differential filter - use /orientation/track-deg instead of
computing our own track - some cosmetic changes
 bugfix: don't call the update_helper() for every instance of
FGXMLAutopilot. Compute the helper properties only once per
FGXMLAutopilotGroup's update() method. Only one AutopilotGroup shall be
instantiated, but many Autopilots may exist.
 Autopilot: clean up the helpers code (which drives the various /internal/)
properties. Fixes various heading modes to work in all aircraft.
 Ingore unhandled top level elements instead of not loading the autopilot.
This (re-)enables usage of <params> at top level and <property
alias="../params/foo"/>
 document the <period> element
 - introduce some typedefs for SGSharedPtr<> - add a <period> element to
input and output of each filter to support periodical values like headings.
See README.digitalfilters for details.
 - fix the <condition> element which was no longer working due to an invalid
property root - allow multiple <autopilot> elements within an aircraft. All
autopilot live in an individual FGXMLAutopilot subsystem which run within a
subsystem group now.

* torsten/track (2010-01-03)
 now that there is a true track property, the magnetic track is nice to
have, too.
 provide a property /orientation/track The track is computed between two
subsequent settings of the geodetic position and represents the true track.
Also the _set_Latitude() and _set_Longitude() methods were removed. Use
_set_Geodetic_Position(lat,lon) instead.