> Where does the donation money go ? To who ? And for what ?I dont like
> donating money when I have no idea what Im donating to.
>
> This is just another idea  since I dont know how one would set this up  ...
>  How about an FSWeekend fund to help out the crew that puts in a good
>  amount of work , time , and probably money out of thier own pockets do do
>  this event.
> I would certainly donate something to that , if I knew what it was going to
> , and my reward is the stories , pictures and videos of the event .
> Maybe with the total to date displayed somewhere so that we could dig a
> little deeper as the event draws near. :)
> Cheers

Actually, the FSWeekend/LinuxTag crew thought about founding a non profit
(called "gemeinnütziger Verein" in Germany) last year, but didn't pursue that
idea any further.
Although the booth comes at no cost, there is usually a good amount of money
that has to be spent by the participants. Not only accomodation and travel,
but insurance for equipment was once an issue. Last year, we bought six (IIRC)
big side screen displays. Donations from a few of us made that possible.

We might pick up our idea once again and the next LinuxTag in Berlin (June,
9th - 12th) might be a good place to actually found the organization, given
that enough people support that idea.

Torsten