Mally wrote

> ?Arnt
>
> I think I have maybe one or two lines of code in FG... I helped fix a bug
> many moons ago. But I like to keep my interest in case there's anything I
> can offer in the future. Anyway, it's not really about that, and maybe in
> fact I should not concern myself with this issue given that I really have
> effectively no direct interest. It still bugs me to see they way this is
> being touted though. Does anyone else have any thoughts?
>
> Regarding the URL, simple it's www.facebook.com  (as you know) but
> FaceBook
> is far from a static page, all composed on the fly and dynamically
> thereafter using ajax and whatever, so there's no URL I can usefully give
> you. The advert is no longer there for me, though I do have a saved copy
> of
> the page with it on, plus a screenshot. Has anyone else seen it?

This topic raises its head every couple of months or so. So far as we can
see FlightProSimm is being offered in accordance with the terms of GPL, so
here is not a lot we can do. Caveat emptor.

It is an "affiliate" scheme, which is very close to a pyramid scheme. It is
indeed annoying to see people trying to make money out of our work. However,
they are offering some added value by selling FG on DVD, and we can take
some satisfaction from the thought that they are perhaps spreading FG wider
than we could by our own efforts.

Vivian