On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 2:58 AM, Scott Hamilton <
scott.hamil...@popplanet.biz> wrote:

>  The important point here is that it has been nearly twelve months
> since the last major release, the codebase appears to be looking
> forward, and in the past it has required quite a bit of planning and
> work to ensure we have a consistent and stable product to release.
>
> I'm not sure which changes provoked your initial email. The tile manager
change is big, but it addresses longstanding, severe bugs. My property tree
hash work was also in response to bugs, and I think we've established that
it is not in fact a major change. James' work isn't changing anything yet,
as far as I know.

>  Part of that work is first finding a suitable point in time and code
> to take a snapshot of the code, that includes simgear, flightgear and
> fgdata. Then I think it would be wise to test that snapshot and fix any
> of the problems that may be uncovered. But before we can start any of
> that, we have to make a decision to make a release and set a tentative
> release date.

"We" are going to make a release branch "soon."

Tim