There is already an open source radar display screen
http://www.albatross.aero/
It can take as input asterix formated data (
http://www.eurocontrol.int/asterix/public/subsite_homepage/homepage.html)
If FG or MPserver can provide an asterisk stream then it can be easily fed
to albatross.

Regards,
Efty