Eftychios Eftychiou wrote:

>> > join the project to get the code.
>>
>> Mmmmh ....  it's not my understanding of "Open Source Community" when
>> you have to sign a license agreement, in which you basically waive all
>> your rights, before you're permitted to _read_ the source code.
>> It's also quite interesting that they care that much about patenting
>> clauses, is their software covered by patents they don't want to share
>> with the public ?
>
> The code is there and available released under GNU 2.

Please show it to me - if I have to sign a dubious agreement first,
then the point is rather weak.

> As I mentioned earlier, they are two different animals. I am not suggesting
> dropping openradar
> altogether  however adding functionality to FG based on industry standards
> would be beneficial to the project overall.

Exactly this is what OpenRADAR does: Implementing a user interface in
compilance with industry standards (EUROCONTROL EEC references in this
case).
In fact, when you look at real-life RADAR operators' screens (been
there, done that), you'll find, to put it mildly, a certain "variety",
even within a single European country.  There is not just one standard,
but more and more European countries are introducing frontends which
are in compilance with EEC user interface guidelines.

Cheers,
        Martin.