On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 10:55 PM, Heiko Schulz wrote:

> As this is a pretty accurate emulation of the real thing (or maybe it is even
> the real thing.. ;-)), how it gets its datas in real life? What is the source
> in reallife?
The RL device may be configured to a number of radio altimeters -
connecting to its analogue or digitial (ARINC) inputs.
Anyone interested in designing a RL DIY radio altimeter may find this
helpful. :)
http://lea.hamradio.si/~s53mv/radalt/radalt.html

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 10:28 PM, Victhor wrote:
> Last time I used the "radar-altimeter" instrument it took too much time
> IMO to update.
It doesn't seem too bad now. And the update frequency is configurable
- and a very limited update frequency is enough to drive the GPWS. And
I'll add more options to select/configure the altimeter source...

cheers,
Thorsten